Thursday 30 April 2015

On Our Plates.

I always find it interesting to see what people have been cooking up.
It's kind of weird I know, but I'm interested in (and love making) good food...I guess I kind of live voyeuristically through other peoples delicious plate fulls.
I've been cooking up some rather tasty meals this week (even if I do say so myself) and I somehow managed to remember to take some pictures of said tasty meals before eating them all up.

My lunch of choice this week has been radishes on toast. Super simple and super frugal ( I love mine thinly sliced on buttered toast with lots of salt and pepper.)



I'm rather proud of myself for this one: A Beetroot and Caramelised Onion Tart. I was super pleased with the pastry, just a basic shortcrust pastry recipe but with some rolled oats and grated carrot in it. I'm not going to lie, after eating it I felt wholsomely smug.



Cauliflower features regularly in our midweek supper menu...it's normally in the form of Cauliflower Cheese (I don't mean to blow my own horn...BUT...my Cauliflower Cheese is a thing of beauty...it makes me feel like a grown up every time I make it because I don't need a recipe to make the cheese sauce.)


We've generally got a cake on the go in this house. It saves us money because we don't run out to the shop for a bar of chocolate or a sweet treat in the evening. This weeks bake was a Chocolate & Vanilla Marble Cake...delicious (despite our 'hotter than the sun' ovens attempts at sabotage)


Whats you're favorite recipe to cook? 
Well...I reckon that's about me done. Hope you found it at least marginally interesting.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment